Sunday, September 15, 2013

Haubson Freon Intro

image
Well, it is that time of year again… air conditioning season has ended and winter is fast approaching. Hard to believe how fast the time flies now!
Earlier this year I started a business selling R410A freon online. I had a storefront website and was also selling on E-Bay and Amazon. Now, I’ve been buying freon for over six years at my full time job but I learned A LOT from this private venture.
I only sold the Puron for two weeks! Yes, two weeks! My original plan was to sell pallet quantities to HVAC contractors online. Well, I had an extremely tough time trying to sell a pallet online. Wasn’t getting any bites!
One of my vendors offered me the option to ship one jug or forty jugs at a time. I jumped at the chance and began selling one jug at a time on Amazon and my website. I sold sixty-five jugs in two weeks!

I couldn’t believe how much volume there was in online sales. I couldn’t keep up! I was working sixty hours a week and coming home and working on my freon sales. That left no time for my wife and daughter. I realized this wasn’t going to work out and shut down the site after two weeks.
In those two weeks I realized customers were HUGELY overpaying for individual freon jugs. I sold one one E-Bay at $200.00 and sold the same product on Amazon that same day for $95.00. The disparity is crazy!

The goal of my new website is not to sell you, or anyone else anything. The goal is to provide you with the best cost out there so you are not getting screwed by paying $20, $50, or even $100 more.

If you get time check out the website!

Thanks for reading!
Alec Johnson
http://haubsonfreon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment